Saturday 15 June 2013

Time to run?


I went for my first ever run today! I have been thinking about getting in to running for a while now, some nights I think "I'll definitely go for a run tomorrow", then in the morning its far too easy just to stay in bed. But this morning I did it, I got out of bed, before 7am, on a cold and frosty SATURDAY! Who does that? I ran a bit, huffed and puffed, got cold ears and walked my way back to bed. 

I've decided to commit to a Couch to 5K programme, starting the week after next, when all my exams are done. I can't see myself actually running 5K, but my personal goal is to be able to get out and run for 20 minutes without stopping. At the moment, I love walking but I find that I just don't have the time to walk enough that it becomes a good workout. This way, I plan to get into the habit of going for a 20 minute run three times a week, which won't take as much time out of my day as walking. Hopefully I can stick to it! Now I just need some fluffy earmuffs to keep my ears warm!

I'll keep you all posted. Feel free to leave me some tips/inspiring words!

X
Molly

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am trying to get myself to go to the gym 3-4 times a week but am only getting there 1-2 times a week at the moment.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're already doing great because you've started. That's one of the hardest things to do! Keep up the great work. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...